In addition, these marketers have the opportunity to earn commissions as they generate sales (affiliate marketing), the commission varies from $1 to $10000.This program is important to a business as it aids in sales generation.
Moreover affiliate marketing will use one of the commission models below, these are:
- Cost per sale (CPA), this model works whereby an affiliate will refer a buyer to make purchases or seek services from a merchant.
- Cost per lead (CPL), an affiliate will refer a visitor to complete a form, the form will be on the merchant’s website.
- Cost per click (CPC), the cost per click is a payment
structure that works whereby a visitor to the affiliate website clicks on the merchant banner. He, later on, click onto the website of the merchant.
The three basic steps in affiliate marketing
- The first step will be to recommend a service or product to potential buyers; this can be people you know or your followers in the various networking sites.
- The second step will be purchase of the services and products by some of the people recommended
- Lastly after a successful purchase, one will be paid a commission in relation to the sales made.
How affiliate marketing works
- To be an affiliate marketer, one may have a website, email contact list or a blog that facilitates an online presence whereby one has an audience.
- Partnering with a company that deals with the sale of a service or product will be the second step to undertake. This partnership will make the website or blog owner the affiliate partner.
- The preceding step will involve intense recommendation; this process is known as promotion or marketing. There are varied way employed to do this such as placing a button or banner, writing articles about the services, the use of a special link on your site or email.For the affiliate marketing process to be complete, it is very critical for one to use a special the affiliate link, this is because it contains the marketer affiliate ID.
- Followers will use the link to check out the service or product; this may result in a successful purchase.
- Lastly, after a successful purchase, the affiliate marketer will be entitled to a payout, it will be calculated based on the accumulated earning after a specified period.It may also be paid after the minimum threshold has been attained.
Important consideration for affiliate marketers.
As an affiliate marketer, it is highly important to ensure your audience is aware of the fact that you are using affiliate links.In addition, one should only choose to recommend services and products that they have no reservation about.
Moreover, an affiliate marker should choose products and services that are within their niche. For example, it is important for one to promote a product related to their blog or website, if one’s website is about cooking, they should promote products related to cooking or kitchenware.
If in any way a marketer promotes products not in his niche, he or she will be not be taken seriously, therefore, the need to have a good profile and good leads is critical in order for one to make a living. Moreover, an affiliate marketer should be able to look for the best deal; this is important since some affiliates’ pay more than others.
Affiliate markers should engage in intense experimentation; this can be done by changing aspects such as content size, images, links on the pages. these experimentation will guide an affiliate marketer to choose the most profitable marketing method.
Lastly affiliate markets should conduct a background search for the companies they promote. They should be aware of the Terms and Service related to the various affiliate programs. This because some programs have strict regulations which may result in loss of income when negated by affiliate marketers.
Available Affiliate Networks
Affiliate networks function as middlemen. They offer an arena whereby advertisers such as companies are linked up vendors who are the affiliates’. There are a number of affiliate networks in place.To join these networks may require an application and invitation.Different networks offer different products.
Below are some of the common network:
- Share A Sale- These networks offer services relating to WordPress themes.
- Escalate Network-This network exhibits some similarities to the Logical Media
- Amazon Associates –Amazon has offered almost everything; this makes this network to focus on products and services provided by Amazon.
- Commission Junction-This is a large affiliate network that hosts many affiliate programs.They include Host Gater, Moo Card Blue host among others.